Geocaching International Film Festival (GC51KH2)
With every new incredible geocache container, every clever hide, every log that reads like an epic journey, it becomes apparent: the geocaching community is one of the most creative groups of people on the planet. At this year's Geocaching Block Party, we’re going to showcase that creativity with the second annual Geocaching International Film Festival.
The GIFF will be held the evening before the Geocaching Block Party from 8pm–10pm on August 15, 2014 in Gas Works Park, Seattle.
- Finalists will be selected and shown on a giant 40’ screen
- Following the screening, winners will be announced
- The selected finalists will tour Mega-Events worldwide
Read the rules below and then enter your film!
GIFF Rules/Regs Info:
- Films can be in any family-friendly genre: narrative, documentary, music video, animation, experimental, etc...
- If you are “spoiling” a geocache in any way in your film, you must have geocache owner permission.
- Film length must not exceed 4 minutes (including credits)
- Only 2 submissions per person will be accepted. A separate submission form is required for each entry.
- Non-English language films are encouraged, but must be subtitled in English
- No submission fee
- Finalists will be selected to screen at the second annual Geocaching International Film Festival from 8pm–10pm on August 15, 2014.
- Awards will be announced directly following the screening. You do not need to be present to win an award. A single film can win more than one award.
- Submission deadline: July 1, 2014
- Finalists will be chosen by a reviewing committee at Geocaching HQ
- Awards chosen by International Geocaching Associations
- Audience Award will be chosen by those in attendance at the screening
- Judging will be based on:
- Production value
- Contribution to global geocaching community
- Audience Award
- Most Creative
- Most Adventurous
- Funniest Film
- Best Cinematography
- Most Inspirational